Anyone that owns a pair of reading glasses probably already knows how irritating it can be to read through layers of smudge, dust, and dirt. If your reading glasses go with you everywhere and you end up using them frequently, you definitely know that the lenses require cleaning fairly often.
Offering the world’s thinnest, more durable Readers and Reading Glasses, ThinOptics Vision Solutions are engineered to be lightweight and portable, so you can take them with you anywhere. ThinOptics are truly Always With You, making it especially important to practice proper care for your Readers, cleaning them often so your vision remains crystal clear.
Whether you prefer standard Reading Glasses with full frames or our classic Headline Readers, which are frameless in a pince-nez style for on-the-go reading, the cleaning procedure is the same. If you’re not sure about which style is best for you, read our guide on how to choose the right Reading Glasses. If you’re not sure about your lens strength, be sure to consult our reading glasses strength test.
To keep your ThinOptics Vision Solutions in the best possible shape, read on for our guide on how to clean and care for your readers & reading glasses.
Cleaning your Readers and Reading Glasses
- Before handling your reading glasses, make sure you wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Rinse the lenses of your readers under slightly warm tap water.
- Apply any non-abrasive soap to the lenses and rub each lens with your fingertips in circular motions.
- Rinse well, ensuring all the soap is washed off both the frames and lenses of your reading glasses.
- Gently shake off excess water to prevent water spots, and allow your glasses to air dry, avoiding wiping the lenses with any material not meant for reading glasses (such as your shirt or a paper towel).
- Once dry, return your Readers or Reading Glasses to their case to keep them secure.
How to Properly Care for Your ThinOptics Reading Glasses:
- To prevent smudging, be sure to avoid directly touching the lenses of your Reading Glasses as much as possible. Instead, hold our full frame Reading Glasses by their temples, and our classic Headline Readers with your fingertips around the frames. Follow the cleaning procedures above when you notice your glasses are smudged, or if you’ve just spent time with them outdoors.
- When you’re not wearing your Readers, it’s best to keep them in their case to keep them secure and maintain long-term durability. Make sure the finely calibrated lenses of your reading glasses don’t scratch by avoiding placing them outside of their case with the lenses flat against any surface.
- Additionally, prevent friction against the lenses by returning your Connect Reading Glasses to their Connect Case with the lenses facing toward the back. Do the same with the Manhattan and Brooklyn Reading Glasses (lenses facing the felt lining) to prevent lens damage and enable the Milano Case to properly shut, securing your glasses magnetically.
Keep your reading glasses Always With You for years to come with these simple steps on how to care for and clean your ThinOptics Readers & Reading Glasses. Head to the shop to explore our selection of game-changing Vision Solutions!